Village of Elm Creek, Nebraska
The Village of Elm Creek came into existence in August of 1866, when the Union Pacific Railroad came through Buffalo County. The railroad crew built their siding close to a creek that had red elm trees growing along its banks. The crew named the creek “Elm” and the siding “Elm Creek Siding”. The name just stuck as people began to settle here. The Village of Elm Creek was actually incorporated in 1887.